J O H N -
B U N Y A N' s
By J O H N.B U N Y A N.
Published in Offor's 1861 edition of "Bunyan's Works."
OF THE LOVE OF THE WORLD.
- Nothing more hinders a soul from coming to Christ, than a vain
love of the world; and until a soul is freed from it, it can never have a true love
- What are the honours and riches of this world, when compared to
the glories of a crown of life?
- Love not the world; for it [the love of the world] is a moth in
a Christian's life.
- To-despise the world is the way to enjoy heaven; and blessed are
they who delight to converse with God by prayer.
- OF SIN.
- OF AFFLICTION.
- OF REPENTANCE AND COMING TO CHRIST.
- OF PRAYER.
- OF THE LORD'S DAY, SERMONS, AND WEEK DAYS.
- OF SUFFERING.
- OF THE LOVE OF THE WORLD.
- OF DEATH AND JUDGMENT.
- OF THE JOYS OF HEAVEN.
- OF THE TORMENTS OF HELL.