About This Web Site
Acacia wood, (also known in the Bible as shittim wood), was used to create the altar of sacrifice in the tabernacle (Exodus 27:1). Acacia John Bunyan was named with that verse in mind.
John Bunyan's Sacrifice
In John Bunyan's quest to feed the sheep of Christ, he wrote over sixty works- which included allegories, sermons, and poetry. Though John's topics were far ranging, they all concluded at the same goal, to point us to Christ. In Bunyan's Bible it was written, "This book will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from this book."
"God has set a Savior against sin,
Many of the works featured at this web site were edited by George Offor, a dedicated biographer of John Bunyan who lived during the nineteenth century. All works that were edited by Mr. Offor, are so indicated on the title page of each book.
This site features (among others):
- A Timeline Chronicling the Life of John Bunyan
"As I walked through the wilderness of this world...
I saw a man clothed with rags, standing in a certain place,
with his face from his own house, a book in his hand,
and a great burden upon his back."
- 'The Pilgrim's Progress'
- A Memoir On John Bunyan - as published in Mr. Offor's 1861 edition of "Bunyan's Works."
- The Pilgrim's Progress
- Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners - Bunyan's spiritual autobiography. A very honest account of his struggles.
- The Life and Death of Mr. Badman - written very much in the style of Pilgrim.
- The Strait Gate - an excellent read!
- Prison Meditations - if you ever feel a need to say, "I don't really have it so bad," then digest this courageous poem.
- The Heavenly Footman
- A Relation of My Imprisonment
- Saved By Grace
- Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ
- The Acceptable Sacrifice
- Search - Search the Acacia John Bunyan Online Library. An excellent tool if you are hunting down a Bunyan quote or doing research.
... and many others.
If you wish to link to Acacia John Bunyan, here's a banner you can use. Please, do not link the banner off of this web site. Download it onto your hard drive.
Christian Poetry and Stories
Christian Romance by Judith Bronte
Audio CD by Jim Winder based on Pilgrim's Progress.
A David Simpich Marionettes production...
A board game based on Pilgrim's Progress.
Credits and Acknowledgments:
|Special thanks to Mount Zion for freely
the writings of John Bunyan. Their work has helped
to make web sites like Acacia John Bunyan possible.